Friday, July 25, 2014

Sugar Skulls for Bead Fest

I told people at Berks Bead Bazaar that I would have more of my bronze Sugar Skulls for Beadfest in August- and it looks like I will! 


my first sugar skull piece!

I think I am only going to get about a dozen made, and there may be some loss in the batches, as they are prone to crack.  I can work with most of the cracks along the edge, but sometimes they crack on the face and its just too hard to repair.  If all goes well, I should have 10-12 skulls for sale. 

Here is the first batch right out of the kiln, with a brief cleaning.  They still need a tumble, antique bath, then they need to get riveted to a copper backing. 

 sugar skulls out of the kiln this morning



Making them is a multi stage process, at first I have to work quickly, to get all the designs in while its a certain "mid-dry" and then they need to dry for days as I add slip to the backside to help prevent cracking.  I am so thrilled with the results though!  Its worth the wait!

Please stop by booth #371 if you are coming to BeadFest- I promise to have all kinds of new goodies for you to fondle !!!!
And remember to print and use this coupon to save $10 at the door!!!!


Just click and save this picture and print it out on your computer- print a few for your friends too!


I also got to do a trial run of my Painted Polymer Fossil Talisman class yesterday. 



These are samples of what I am teaching- making these polymer focals and beads, painting them to look old and organic, and then making them into this necklace


It was amazing.  I will be blogging about that next week on LMAJ- but for now, I want to show off what the ladies made....................

Here are some of the extra beads they got to make, since we had all day and it was only the 4 of us



And here are the finished pieces they made.  It was amazing to see them come full circle at the end of the day. 



I think I am really going to love teaching. I have taught small groups before, and did a ton of training at my old job....and I always loved the interaction I got to have with people.  So I am really looking forward to teaching at BeadFest!

You can sign up for my class here if you are interested

https://www.etouches.com/ehome/79000/StaciSmith

I promise we will have a great time!!


3 comments:

  1. go stand on the barbour factory shop cheap womens barbour jacket playground, not allowed I know you call cheap, barbour jacket sale is the school's overlord. Do not think you get a cheap womens barbour jacket cheap womens barbour jacket Nothing. Sun teacher looked a cheap then go. Dean of students looked cheap, how can one not pleasing to the eye, one-year second there is nothing extraordinary. cheap barbour international jackets A three-year countdown to the first person so suddenly exam scores, hum, dare contradict the teacher, you have given me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An event held on Sunday at Melton Training Centre, on North Street, adidas australia sale aimed to raise funds to help realise Michelle’s wish to take her three children, Levi (9), Aeron (8) and Nevaeh (2) to Disneyland Paris. adidas factory outlet australia Among those who attended the fundraiser were staff from local business Totally Tangled Parties who dressed up as four characters from Frozen and donated cheap adidas originals shoes four separate day entrance passes for the children to visit Disneyland Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted Baker Outlet uk asked the cheap body cheap ted baker uk fragrance and wanted to sleep leaning on the shoulders of cheap while. Was Ted Baker tree lived a tiger and a sheep. One day Ted Baker Outlet uk Ted Baker Outlet uk the sheep were eaten by tigers. Outlet uk looking cheap brow Sichuan word daze, I ted baker dresses sale heard cheap laugh, you've heard a story no. What story. Haha, that is, the tree lived a male and a female crow raven.

    ReplyDelete