Friday, December 12, 2014

Cheers! Holiday Polymer

I am horrible at Christmas Cards.  I never get them done in time, and we take our kids annual Christmas picture, usually on Christmas Eve.  That's how I roll.  

I do however try to make a little something for my friends and family each year.  Usually, its a special Christmas ornament.  This year, I wanted to do something different for them.  Since a few of them are wine drinkers (ok, ok, all of them are!) I thought wine toppers could be cool.  I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but hey, I have polymer, and picked up some corks.

Well, after three leisurely play days in the studio, I have wine toppers-

AND I LOVE THEM!

Here they are before I glued them, all set up ready to go in the studio.  



And here they are all finished and ready for gifts!
(I definitely need to make these to sell as well)







How did I make them?

I created the polymer pieces first, baked and finished them.

Then I drilled a hole in the bottom as well as the cork.  

I fitted in a 14g wire so it attached both of them securely.

Then I mixed up my 2 part epoxy, took them apart one at a time, and glued them.

To ensure a good bond, I tied string around them so the connection was nice and firm.  

I could NOT be more happy, and now they will have something they can use year round...ILO just at the Holidays. 

I never get tired of what you can do with Polymer Clay!

7 comments:

  1. They are pretty cute! My fave is the blue fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-these are absolutely awesome, what a brilliant and gorgeous gift! Definitely the coolest looking wine bottle stoppers I have seen. You should make these to sell at your shows, they'd be a great addition to your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are beautiful and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You give barbour outlet me let go. cheap was so unhappy, that was cheap to barbour salebuy their own clothes. which he is not a third of the students in barbour sale seventh respectful fear, barbour salewhen are students so cold. A few steps to catch up with cheap grabbed cheap arm. Make you stop,barbour sale Dean of students hear barbour jackets outlet the words of cheap bird he still did not continue to move forward. Dean of students accustomed to beatings, you did not hear ah. No long ears ah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more the equity of APL Logistics is valued – say up to $800m – the less Swarovski australia sale ?NOL’s equity may be worth on the stock exchange post-disposal, although NOL shares may bounce on the day the sale is announced. Indeed, rumours of the possible sale of APL Logistics boosted NOL stock earlier this summer. tiffany and co australia sale Enthusiasm was short-lived, however. The shares have lost more than 20% of value since they rose 8.5% on the news of possible divestments in mid-August. It would appear that investors have yet to be convinced a sale of the tiffany boxing day sale logistics division is in the best interest of shareholders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap asics running shoes cheap continuing asics running shoes sale ed lie and said ha ha, in fact, Cheap dead, leaving a huge asset, and I was the cheap can not say that these protection rackets and drug trafficking money is cheap asics running shoes earned, cheap asics running shoes or else you did not dare to kill you. cheap asics running shoes only heir, so the money belongs to me. asics shoes sale uk Oh, really do. Of course is true, but also true than the money in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "While we firmly believe in the long-term potential of the market, cheap nba basketball jerseys the short-term fundamentals of the business have changed materially due to the rapid depreciation of the Russian ruble nba basketball jerseys sale in 2014 and the considerable risk of further deterioration in consumer spending," the report read. Dozens of Western retailers have announced they are stepping back nba jerseys australia from the Russian market in recent months.

    ReplyDelete