Friday, April 17, 2015

Bead Dreams 2015 Polymer Finalist

Well, it is that time of year again.  I once again entered the Bead Dreams competition, and international contest that takes place at the Bead and Button show.

You can read a bit more about it here.  There are many categories that you can enter- seed beads, metal clay, ceramic beads, polymer clay, just to name a few.......... and this year I entered once again in the Polymer Clay Category. Well both of my pieces got chosen as finalists!  Such an honor to be chosen to send my work to be judged and displayed at the Bead and Button Show.

Now- this is a go big or go home sort of competition.  The pieces that get entered are enormous! So of course, I love that challenge, since I tend to work big anyhow.

These were my entries this year

Earning my Stripes consists of hand formed, sanded and painted polymer clay beads.  Don't let the picture fool you, this piece is HUGE!
 Here is a picture of it on me.  I am tall, and not a little girl, so you can see how huge this piece is!



I really wanted to enter something with my new carved beads too, so, after a lot of sketching I came up with this piece.  The patterns look so aboriginal, I ended up naming it

Ta Moko

Which is the Maori word for tattoo.  The cool thing is, that they actually carved their tattoo's into the skin, so it was perfect in so many ways!

Here is a picture of them on the displays.  These are 18" high and 10.5" wide.  So you can get an idea of the size better then the other photo's.


They are getting shipped off later today, and then judged in person to see if they place.  I was SUPER surprised last year (my first year entering) when my pieces took first and second place.  That is hard to top, and I am sure there is lots of new art entering, so we will see!  Here is to hoping!

:::wish me luck::::

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you Staci! Your work is awesome, and these pieces are Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful! I was not the least surprised when your pieces last year took first and second because they were also gorgeous! I'm sure folks at B&B will love these as well. Lucky people get to see them in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are absolutely amazing works of art. I honestly can not decide which one I like better-they both deserve first place! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the most beautiful i have seen and i spend hours looking at necklace pcs.genious at work! DOROTHY ELLIS

    ReplyDelete