Monday, July 27, 2015

Summertime Fun

This summer is flying by and Bead Fest is right around the corner.  I still have a TON of beads to make in order to have inventory for the show.  

However, it sure has been nice to have time with the family.  I will take last minute crazy preparations in order to have days like these 

(art by Rochelle Carr)

Last week we spent a day at a water park with my Mom.  Justin had to work, but it was nice to have some quality time with my mom and the kids.

It was a long day, and it was a blast!

The next day the kids and I all went to Crystal Cave with both my parents.  That was really cool, and you can read more about it here if you want.



After two day trips, I was REALLY feeling behind in the studio- though my soul was refreshed for sure.

So then the hubs (aka Justin) says to me, lets do a day trip to the shore this weekend.

Ummmm.......ok.  

You see, its hard for us to plan vacations with him being self employed.  This is the busy time of year and he needs to work when the work is there.  So, we do a lot of last minute things.

So, yesterday we went to LBI (long beach island NJ) for the day.  We got up early and were on the road before 9.  

We hiked the rocks at the lighthouse, we at lunch by the bay, we had hours and hours of perfect ocean time, had a nice dinner, walked around bay village, got ice cream and came home.  The day was packed, but it was nothing short of perfect.

This is the end of the jetty at the lighthouse- right off Barnagat Inlet


Lunch by the bay

The ocean was gorgeous.  I even went in !!!  It was deep right off the beach and then got shallow further out, so I could literally swim, right off the beach, which was nice for me, cause I don't go out far.  This picture is zoomed, they are out pretty far in it
 Hubs and I in our happy place

 I scream you Scream- we LOVE Iceberg Ice Cream (in Brant Beach?)  BEST ice cream on the island- all homemade.  There is always a line, but it is sooo worth it.

So now, I am back to the grindstone.  

I have set some goals for myself this week.  I want to make at least three ovens full of polymer beads and get ONE bronze firing started if not finished.................................by Thursday.

IF I meet my goal, I will celebrate by marking down some newer and favorite jewelry and doing a summer destash event on Facebook.  I will also list some items in my shop and do a sale in there for those not on Facebook.  So fingers crossed.  I need to make beads or I will be selling HUGS at Bead Fest.

Like I said, there are worse reasons I could be behind.  I have had the best time with the kids and I am glad we had the chance for some REALLY fun day trips.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You've got your priorities straight! But the rubber hits the road now! See you soon, at Bead Fest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a productive day yesterday that I am icing my shoulder and elbow!!! go me! two full firings.......still a million more to make though. GAH. good thing I love doing it!!!! Cant wait to see you Linda!!

      Delete