Sunday, March 15, 2015

Painting the Beads

I have finally had some time in the studio to make and paint some beads.  I am still not up to full production, as my shoulders are still bugging me on and off.  But I am very happy to have had the time I did.  

I never get tired of seeing how the beads transform as I paint them.

From naked white polymer




To, painted with the first layer


Then they get antiqued and rustic'd them up a bit.....I LOVE this part

The above picture, the bottom / front pile is done, the rear pile is waiting to be transformed!




However, my absolute favorite part is the crackle.  I never ever get tired of seeing how this just takes them to the next level!





I just got done listing new beads in the shop!  It is not a lot, so grab them while you can!


I also have a tutorial available for my painting techniques available in my etsy shop.


Thank you for stopping by. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and can get back to creating. I especially like the oval donut beads (3rd pic up from the bottom).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - the crackle is the ultimate finish for your beads! Love them!

    Hoping your shoulder continues to heal!!

    ReplyDelete