Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy Days: Full and Exciting

There are some very exciting things going on around here.


First of all, I have enough people signed up for my class at Beadfest Philly in August, so it will not get canceled.  WE ARE ON!



There is still plenty of room too!  So if you want to sign up, or need details, you can find them here.

I have begun production for Beadfest, and I am just at the beginning stages of bead making.  I really wanted to try something new this year, so I added some cabs to my inventory.  I must say, I really love making them, and went for a very 3-d effect.  They have a lot of dimension to them.  My daughter said they looked like Mountains.  So I started calling them Mountain Cabs.  I also happened to be watching a documentary on the Incan People, and got to see some of their large mountain drawings- do it seemed fitting.




I sent one to Nikki Z of Love Root in hopes she would play around with it.

Well, she did just that, and I love what she did with it.




She calls it a whelk shell, and I agree, it definitely has that sea shell feel. I love the beach, so those shapes and forms definitely sneak into my work!
You can see what Nikki is up to on Facebook


Or shop her wonderful designs on etsy


On Polymer Clay Daily, Margrit Bohmer was feature for her beads (her beads are soooo fun).  I didn't even realize she was using the technique from my tutorial that she bought.  I love how she married the new technique with her classic style.  Makes me happy to see so many people having fun with crackle glaze technique. 





You know, other then that, I am just making beads, trying to have a summer social life with family, friends and the kids, and working on tutorials, submissions, blogs and paperwork.  That is all!  lol!

Thanks for popping in and seeing what's new in my world.  I will hopefully be putting new beads and jewelry in the shop next week!  so stay tuned..............


5 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT RING!!!! but I'm saving my money for shopping at BEADFEST!!!! WOOT! So glad you've got your class nailed down!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbour jackets outlet Looked up, barbour outlet actually dean. cheap no birds him, around him continue to move forward. You have nothing to say. cheap spit smoke slowly out of the barbour sale crowd said, everyone looked at his back, for a moment just looking. cheap leisurely walk back slowly, barbour jackets outlet Notice two, barbour jackets outlet the entrance end of the evening, thirteen Street North abandoned factory, where is barbour jackets outlet their graveyard. suddenly stopped being a people give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I heard the news someone had also donated £2,000 I was blown away. nike air max pas cher? It’s one thing to give 50p, £1 or £5 but to give that much is just incredible and it will go a long way to helping the children. I wish I knew who the person was so air max pas cher I could send them a letter of gratitude.” Katie Howett, who owns Totally Tangled Parties, said: “I heard about the accident and wanted to do 2015 nike air max pas cher something which would try to put the smile back on the childrens’ faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses ray ban aviator sunglasses sale whatever they want, but this is a dark endless road, so called the underworld. While living like a This cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses night cheap ray ban sunglasses sale australia discovered that in fact. cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses cheap scum, cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses work is nonsense, the character is a shameless, but inside is a long time not so calm. cheap desire is to set foot on the peak, the peak is in fact no longer pursue what kind of calm.

    ReplyDelete