1. You guys. I am so thankful for all your compliments, support and encouragment. I don't know why I doubt myself so much. I love my work. You love my work. Yet I still worry no one else will. I am working on my confidence, and you guys have been great! So thanks, from the bottom of my heart.
2. A good show. Whew! It was a lot of work to get ready for it, since I have really slacked off in the sea glass department this year. But the festival was good. Lots of nice people (I really enjoyed DE VERY MUCH!) and I sold some of my favorite items. I hope they love and enjoy them. (here are some DE bay and canal pics)
3. Great weather. I could not have wished for a more perfect weekend. Mid 80's, a nice breeze, AND my tent was under a tree in the shade (and on the corner- prime spot).
Art Bead Scene designer of the week. So I am thankful for that honor. I really liked my piece I made for that challenge, and I am glad they did too.
5. I got asked to join Love my Art Jewelry. I am so excited to be a part of that! I love their blog, and the fabulous ladies who make it so personable, and informative.
6. For my husband, who helped me all weekend, starting with driving me to and from DE, AND thanks to his quick reflexes, kept up from getting hit by a tractor trailer!!!! (he was great company too!)
8. For a walk on the beach. On monday, before traveling home, Justin and I visited Henlopen Cape and hit the beach for a hike. We walked about 3 miles round trip (during said walk, I thought I was dying~ yes~ I need to walk a little more, boy am I outta shape), taking pics of the historic ruins of the old Army base that used to be there, and the GIANT dunes. We also got to see dolphins swimming a long the coast on our walk back.
9. For being home. I got the greeting of a queen. First from my youngest, who couldn't seem to hug me enough, then the older two. And I cannot forget the dogs. My Jackson must have jumped and danced and licked me for an hour! He is such a sweetie!
10. And last but not least- for the grandparents who cared for our kids while we were away. They did so much fun stuff with them, and I could relax knowing they were in safe and loving hands while we were gone. They played in the pool with their cousins, went to a movie, went to great grandmoms for ice cream and snacks, rode bikes (which their pop adjusted seats, took off training wheels and oiled them for us)....just to name a few. They had a blast and so did we.
All in all, we met lots of fun people~ many from PA who now reside in DE. We found a favorite place for wings and beers, with fun people there each day.
I met some local folks (local as in here in pa) who may want to carry my jewelry in their shop, and a fun old guy who sold beach glass and antiques~~
Here is a close up of the sea glass guys table- there were treasures to be found in there, and I bought some of them.
Below: I have one similar to this, that may not leave my neck for a long time. This one will be at Tinicum.
I am so glad that I took pictures before the show. I forget all the time, and it seems like those are the ones that sell. Then I never have a picture record of them.
I did get a picture of this one below~ I had to make it at the show after I sold a butterfly necklace I took along, then made another (that one had a full moon baby on it) and sold it just as I put it out. Then I made sure to make this and get a picture. I guess I better make some wings for Tinicum!
One more thing, something I am not thankful for, but I am trying to find the good of it, and will be sharing about it later. I had my first item stolen from me, and it was a special and expensive piece. I am composing a blog about the experience, to be shared soon.
Thanks again. You guys rock. Now I can go and spend some time with those kids and dogs who I missed so much!