Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Contrast: Blinging up my Rustic

I finally decided to try adding a little "bling" to my rustic.  I love contrast, and I am surprised at myself, for not trying this sooner!

I love how Gaia Copia uses crystals with her natural shapes, like her ammonite and crystal earrings.



So I ordered me some crystals and got into it.  

I spent a day making these before I left for our trip, and just could NOT wait to paint them and see how they looked finished.


So then of course, I painted a few before we left too, because I am so impatient.
(they are mid-paint here)

So when I got home from vacation and went to clean off my desk, I could not just put these to the side, they were begging to be made into something right now.  

So of course, I obliged.



So now I can move onto other things on my list.  

Do you ever have that happen?  That you can't move onto what you are supposed to be doing, because you just HAVE to finish something that sparked your creativity?  Happens to me all the time!

These will be going to my next show with me, Tinicum Arts Festival, next weekend the 11th and 12th.  I will post pictures on Facebook though, and if anyone is interested in them before the show, please contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment