Monday, November 10, 2014

Bethlehem House Gallery

So, I have the honor of participating in the current show at Bethlehem House Gallery.  This gallery is pretty amazing.  My silly pictures do not do it justice.  If you are local, please stop by the gallery and take everything in, in person.  


(this picture is by the Bethlehem House Gallery)

Here is a video about Ward, the gallery owner, his art, and his vision for the gallery.  I really hope you will watch it so you too can see what an amazing concept this is.
(this video was done with on the first show and grand opening...the music room you see is now where my jewelry is)





He completely changes artists every 3 months, as well as re-does the gallery, to better accent their art.  He does an amazing job of showcasing the artists as well as finding a wonderful variety of talent.

So the opening of the current show was Thursday November 6th and runs through January 1st.  The current artists:

Artists include: Jessica Bastidas, Erin Anderson, Khalil Allaik, Thomas John Shillea, Vivian Fishbone, David Sommers,Doug Kozo, Stephen Metz and Staci Louise Smith

  So Justin and I cleaned ourselves up a bit, and went out to see how everything turned out (since we had only seen the place during set up).

What a fun time!  I got to meet a few of the amazing artists that Ward had there, had a few glasses of wine, and talked about art with artists and art lovers.  What could have been better?  

This is the amazing painting that you see when you walk in the door...and that is Ward sitting in the chair- minus that pipe I think he should have had for the pic...lol




I got to see "my room" all done.  I still cannot believe the detail and thought Ward put into this room.  Everything in there is so perfect and accentuates my jewelry style.  He wanted to have it set up sort of like a jewelry studio.  So he had come and taken pictures a week or so ahead of time, of my studio.  


a really bad selfie with my pic and artist statement


He got these little cabinets with windows, 








a large glass top piece of furniture to put more of my work in


he used shutters for my earrings like I do


he got all these tools and stuff to make it have that studio workbench feel




he had this old workbench as a table


he got this mannequin which I may have to purchase after the show

and best of all, the art in the room is all stuff I just love, including this carpet which is made by the sculpture in the gallery, because he wanted to mimic the doodles I did on my floor.  It was made by Khalil Allaik.



Seeing my work like this makes me want to have my own store!!!  I am so excited to be a part of this and have the chance to see my work displayed like this.

This room is the front room too, so people on the street can look in and see my jewelry and some of the paintings by Vivian Fishbone, the ones hanging over the workbench and tools.

The gallery was so packed I didn't get pictures of all the rooms...because I had to wait until later to get pictures....and i was sooo tired!!

Here is Jess (Jessica Bastidas) and one of her paintings.  She brings a life to her work, that i find hard to give words to.  There is a visual texture in her brush strokes, and the colors just glow with life.
Oh, and she is really nice too- and so young.  She sold two of her paintings that night!  I am not surprised at all.

 Here are a couple of sculptures by khalil that I adore as well





Ward and his family talking in the "sitting room"

the dining room

the most fun people working the drink table!!!



all tired out at the end of the night, but happy, oh so happy

I learned a couple things: I love art and being around creative people even more then I thought, and two, I need to get out more!

I am totally humbled to be a part of this show.  I never thought my jewelry would be showcased in such an amazing way.  

Please make sure to stop by for this show if you are local.  It is worth the time.  I cannot wait to see what is next!


11 comments:

  1. Staci - that is so awesome!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bev! :) even Justin enjoyed going and hanging out, and he doesn't do art gallery stuff. so you know it well done!

      Delete
  2. This is totally where you are meant to be! Your work should be in galleries. Wearable art! I love the idea of having a ROOM all to yourself. And what a delight to see the thought and energy that went into the displays. So very happy for you! Own this, gurl, because you are meant to be an artist who is appreciated for her designs and esthetic. Rock on, Miss Staci! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that means a lot to me Erin- coming from you! thank you

      Delete
  3. I didn't think it was possible to improve on your work but that setting is an amazing canvas for highlight your creations! Congratulations, Staci.
    You deserve all the accolades and opportunities coming your way.So creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous gallery. I love everything you showed and how your jewelry is showcased. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing, Staci. I am so very happy for you. To have a gallery create such a warm, inviting environment for your displays is truly wonderful. I've never seen anything like it. It's so personal. CONGRATS! Go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love the idea of an art gallery with rooms devoted to different artists. Wishing you many sales this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gallery is absolutely gorgeous! The owner clearly devotes a lot of time and energy to creating an inspiring space. Love all of the individual spaces that he creates. Your art jewelry fits perfectly! I am so excited that you have this wonderful opportunity to showcase your talent at such an amazing gallery-what a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's like you have your own tiny museum! I love the furniture and artwork he chose for your space, it's perfect! What a lot of insightful thought was put into it. The vintage tools are fabulous. I think it would make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And also ate dinner before a tiffany uk sale aphrodisiac, tiffany uk sale it is the desire to rise. put small tiffany london sale rice coming down hard tiffany uk sale discount stomach. He already horny, tiffany uk sale you hurry to tiffany uk sale drink ah, I'll drink you cross on the circle. discount slowly eating the food, but not to touch the share of millet gruel, dean heart anxious, anxious to following long hard like Tiechu.

    ReplyDelete