Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Collaborations, Components and Jewelry

Oh my!  I feel a bit overwhelmed (hehe, don't I always- I know why mom's in the 50's liked Valium so much)!!!!
 
Anyhow, bead fest flu took a week I didn't have to spare.  Then I have three beautiful children, who all have birthday's within one month of each other (yes, no doubts what month I am fertile...sorry if that's TMI, but I know you were thinking it).  So we had our annual three kid birthday party last weekend.  Labor Day weekend or the week after is our anniversary as well (13 years that flew by), and school starts.  If you have kids, you know how busy this makes a couple week span.  3 kids need new shoes, different stores, new clothes, birthday gifts, things to bake, birthday dinners to make (on their birthday- Julia chose shrimp...YUM!)  Cake pops to order........busy busy busy.  But what a joy when they are off to school the first day, and come home happy and love school.  And it feels good to know I can put new shoes on them (even though some were thrift store, they were like new), it feels good to have been blessed with three healthy kids to celebrate with family and friends.  I am so thankful for September, though, I am not opposed to cloning myself should that become an option anytime soon;)  (I kid, cloning is bad- poor sheep...anyhow....)






Rambling aside, I have two shows this month, and need to make new jewelry for my shop (soon to be shops) that I have jewelry in.  I need to make earrings, and necklaces and bracelets.  I am however, filling bead orders and specials requests right now, and trying desperately to finish up this collaboration that Genea and I have been working on (giveaway to launch our collabs coming soon).  I am also making jewelry to submit to magazines, and need to find time to write for them as well.  So, if I have not responded to your emails, or on facebook, or on here, I am sooooo sorry. I feel a bit over extended right now.  Family is important, and just feel like nothing is getting my all.  I know this will all slow down come October, but in the meantime, I am sorry.
 
I am so thankful to be busy at my work (jewelry and beads) and I am so thankful for each and everyone of you who read this silly blog of mine, and like my work.  You guys build me up and keep me going many many days!!!!!!
 
So, I try to make time to be thankful amidst the business.  Busy times means lots of blessings going on, and I don't want to take them for granted or miss them.  It's all in perspective!
 
Here are some pics of my new beads.  I used the molds and stamps I made for these, and added my own little phrases or words of wisdom on the backside.  Unfortunatley, these really need to go into finished jewelry right now.  Beads are going to be available on a very random basis for the next few weeks.
 

 
front and back
 

 

 
And this one below is already laid out into the pendant it will become- a tree, with diane hawkey's acorn bead- the back says GROW

Now, off to finish painting beads, make some more copper components for my jewelry and earring production, hammer earwires and clasps, patina things, seal them, and then make jewelry.  I got this!
 
So, mom's, how has it been since your kids started school?  Good?  Do you miss them?  Is it more work or more time for you?  "Cause with my youngest only half day, it seems to take up more time somehow.  It's a mystery.
 

9 comments:

  1. Love those new pieces (and however you fit them into whatever it is!)--especially that first one! They will make some more awesome jewelry for sure. I don't know how you do it with all those other activities....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it all, nothing is ever caught up around here!!!!!! (sooooooo NOT superwoman) thankfully my kids are awesome, and love to read and make art, and entertain themselves most of the time!!!!! They are also very helpful and all have little jobs like feeding the dogs, or collecting the trash cans on trash night...so, we manage...lol!

      Delete
  2. This year has been hard, just sent my oldest to college. My son is a freshman in high school and playing football, so we have that business also. While I hate to see summer go, it always feels right to settle back into a routine, know what I mean?

    I am trying to get back into my routine also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand. I think thats just it, I need to settle into the new schedule! got a lot done this morning though, so yay for that:) I will eventually be able to make the most of my few hours of empty house!!!

      Delete
  3. I am really liking your bronze clay creations. They are so cool! Love the narrative statements. (I hope I am using narrative in the right way. I like saying it. heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this pic of the kids around the table with candles aglow :) Happy anniversary, and happy 13 amazing years!

    Yay!! I am so excited about the collab release! I just posted our very first blog! :D:D:D

    You are doing awesome girl! Keep on truckin'! lol

    xo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  5. First day of middle school for my youngest today! Glad to have them back in school so I can have guilt free studio time again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilt free (un-interupted) time is wonderful! Happy creating!

      Delete