Monday, December 7, 2015

Holiday Ornaments in Polymer Clay

Every year I like to make a little something for friends and family.  Last year I made wine toppers!  



This year I was on a mission to make some ornaments.  Not only for gifts, but I wanted to put some in the galleries I am in.  

I am so thrilled with how they turned out.  Honestly, these are ornaments I'd hang in my window to keep all year long (and yes, I did keep a couple for myself!!)

I used polymer clay, wire, wooly wire for color pop accents, and gemstones, art beads and such to create them.  It was REALLY fun!  
Here is a peek at some of them, but for a full gallery, visit my Facebook page (message me if you are interested in any)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.915737905163117.1073741878.214196618650586&type=3








I am going to list them on Facebook in an event this afternoon for anyone who is interested.  They are decorated on both sides, measure about 2" x 6.5" (each is a little different).

Here is a close up of a few with their backs shown.  They all have crackle on them and a matte finish which I love!!

































If you want to learn to paint polymer like these are, with the crackle finish, you can purchase my tutorial here
http://www.stacilouiseoriginals.com/product/not-part-sale-painting-polymer-crackle-technique-tutorial

Happy HOlidays!  I hope everyone is having a chance to create some handmade happy to spread with loved ones this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment