Monday, March 27, 2017

Spring Updates

I have REALLY slowed things down this year.  I have gone full force the past few years with the business, and have really been feeling a pull to prioritize other area's of my life.

It has been a wonderful and much needed pace.

One of the things I have been doing, is just plain old spending more time with the kids.  They are all at ages, where they really need that.  I have a teen, a pre-teen and  10 year old.  I know that years fly by, and I want to make sure I don't miss a thing, because I know I am going to blink, and they will be out on their own and I am going to miss them terribly.

I did do a show last weekend at North Penn, and it was nice because I did a test run of my new and improved display.  I am trying to get into the high end art shows.  My work is so contemporary, I am not finding the juried shows I currently do, have enough of my clientele that attend.  I was quite happy with it.  I am not sure it will work for outdoor shows, but still, I like it a lot for the indoor ones.  I made the tables and wall hangings myself.  The tables also fold up for easier transport.


I have always liked my display, but I think the changes allow the jewelry to shine, and also create more space in the booth for customers to move around.  By hanging more on the walls, the jewelry can be seen from a distance.  
In trying to keep the displays consistent with my style, I used polymer clay spirals to hang the necklaces on.  They also have embedded wire spirals to make sure the necklaces don't slip off. 





The hanging displays came together much better than I had even imagined.  

Now, I don't have many other shows this year.  My next is Bead Fest in August.  So I am having a destash sale to make room for new jewelry.  I have some that I would like to move, and will be steeply discounted.  Even though I have no more jewelry shows until fall, I cannot seem to stop making jewelry.  So I need to clear some out.  I have lots of great pieces.  If you are interested, I will be listing them this week on my Facebook Destash page.  (it is a private group, just ask to join and I will approve you and read the rules and FAQ so you know how it works when I list)  
I will also have some beads and maybe even some bead groups, or sets of findings and other things.  Time to clean out the studio! 
(sneak peek below!)


I will hopefully have some new beads in the next week or two as well.  My youngest son wanted to make some polymer clay creations for a sale at school, so we worked together in the studio, and I plan to make some more beads and do a couple of toaster oven firings.  So, stay tuned for that as well.


To stay the most up to date on listings and what is going on with me, follow me on facebook here.

I also got to spend some time bonding with my eldest.  He is 15 now, and it is harder and harder to find things we both enjoy.  So, he needed sneakers and I took the opportunity to stop by Tobin Studio- not only do you get to walk around these amazing sculptures, but they are also Poke stops for Pokemon Go!  Win win!







I also had the chance to spend some early morning time hanging with Julia this weekend.  My heart is full.  Love these kids, and so glad to be taking more time with them.  I don't want to miss a thing!


So, I have no idea what day the destash sale will be.  But there will most likely be a couple this week.  Check facebook for details.

 Stay tuned for new jewelry to hit the website, and new beads in a couple weeks.  I am also finishing up a new polymer class for Craft art Edu.  Exciting things coming up!

Happy Spring!!!

5 comments:

  1. From a distance I thought the swirls holding your necklaces on the wall displays were metal. How cool that you even made that part. I love your creations and will be at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new booth and displays look fantastic! Kudos on making them yourself too! Brenton created fold-able shelves with oak wood a few years back. They look beautiful and are so much easier to set up and transport.

    It is comforting to read about other working-from-home moms scaling back to spend more time with their family and making it work for them emotionally and financially. I did just that and there are days when I feel envious of those who are creating and selling. But then I remind myself that I can create and sell later but being there while Liam grows and experiences all of his firsts can never be replaced!

    It sounds like you are headed in the right direction, for both your (amazing) work and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following the updating of your booth and it really looks great! Enjoy those kids, I have one leaving for college and one two years after that. Time does fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dislay looks very nice and upscale. Displaying your jewelry on your the walls is a good idea and out of the ordinary, just like your jewelry. Sounds like you're doing the right thing with your kids. I'm glad it's making you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous booth design Staci. It really makes your jewelry POP so everyone can see it and feel invited into the booth at the same time!

    ReplyDelete