Monday, March 24, 2014

Asymmetry Blog Hop LMAJ

Today, and throughout this week, is the bi-monthly blog hop for Love my Art Jewelry.

I have only had time to make one new thing, but I have a couple other fairly recent designs that I can share as well.

For me, most pieces I make are asymmetrical.  I like the drama it creates in a piece.  I like that slight chaos it implies, and then, it balances out in some sort of way anyhow.
It's a challenge, its fun, and it allow me to use a greater variety of beads in one piece then if I matched them up.  I don't know about you, but to me, having more beads is a good thing !!
I can't be sure, but this may have been how I got started pushing the asymmetrical designs.  I am known to often lay out twice the amount of beads then I can fit in a piece.  Yet every time I hope I can somehow fit them in.  In order to use the variety I had hoped to use in a piece, and keep it on the shorter side, I had to make some asymmetrical designs.  Now, like I said, I can't be sure, but I think that played a part in it.  

So here are my pieces.

This first one is a longer piece, which is typically harder for me. 

 This one features my scrimshaw beadm ammonite, bronze pieces, a marsha neal studio drop at the bottom and a Suburban Girl studio donut

 Rustic Pink focal and rusty stone bead by me, donut by marsha neal studio

This is my newest one- made with some new beads I had made for another project (that didn't fit into it....lol)


I hope you like them.  I know, I won't be going back to symmetrical anytime soon ;)

Please go on over to LMAJ and see what others have made as well!
  

1 comment:

  1. Now, the company enhances the warranty and insurance programs of some of the world’s leading retail insurance Timberland outlet nederland and telecommunication brands. At a conservative estimate, Inhance expects to double annual turnover by 2016 and continue to expand its workforce which has climbed incrementally at its Cork headquarters from 36 in 2013 to 43 last year. Doubling its client base goedkope timberlands schoenen in less than 12 months was just another indicator of the rapid progress the Inhance team has made.

    ReplyDelete