Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Painting the Beads


I am finally painting the beads.

I have these done so far, and I separated them into trays depending on what kind of finish they get.

These will get a matte varnish

These will get a satin varnish


These are waiting to have the crackle technique done to them, then they will be a gloss finish


Here is a little before and after pic of the matte beads, before the antique layer and after.............

all pretty and bright

and antiqued!


I never get tired of that before and after !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will painting more tonight, I have a lot more to do.  More then what got done today.  then everything needs varnish.  I am trying not to think about how much I need to do, and just keep going!

1.5 weeks till Berks Bead Bazaar!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love that transformation! I go through a similar process, but not nearly as many, and I love to see how they evolve!
    Now...get back to work! ;-)
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete