Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Happy New Year!  I can' hardly believe its 2014 already.  The holidays have flown by, and here in Pennsburg we are now relaxing....packed in by 8 inches of powdery white snowiness (and hiding from the minus 3 degrees wind chill). 
 
 
 
I plan on researching some things over the next week, laying down plans, and figuring out what my priorities will be in 2014.  There are lots of things I am excited about- I just need to figure out how work them in.
 
I have gotten back into drawing and painting, and would like to add that to my shows.....but I need to get good pictures and apply to shows and figure out a new tent set up with packaging for my pieces.  I have never applied with more then one medium before- so fingers crossed they will take me.   
 


 
I also need to make my health a priority.  I need to walk, and stretch, and figure out what is going on with me.  I have been struggling with some odd and mysterious symptoms this past year (years really).....you have to love getting older!  (turned the big 40 in December) 
 
How about you?  Any resolutions, plans or words for the new year??
 
 
We had a very busy holiday here in the Smith home- with lots of family get togethers, parties, and trips. I think I am finally catching up on some desperately needed sleep! 
 

 traditional picture of the kids in front of the tree

all the  Smith cousins together at nana and paps house
 
 
I did find time to make some new beads.
 
 
 
They are my new scratch doodle beads.  I will be listing a bunch in the etsy shop later in little sets.  I also made some owl and donut focals.....so stay tuned!
 
 
 
Grab them while you can- I will most likely NOT be re-making beads in the months to come (and there is just no way I can do special orders either).  As I prepare for the Berks Bead Bazaar, I will be making a little of this, and a little of that and stashing a portion of each for the show. 
 
Hopefully next week I will also have an announcement- a surprise I have been working on. 

I truly do hope you all had a nice holiday!  Anyone have big plans for 2014?  I'd love to hear them!
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I am struggling to find my word, to hone my focus, to figure out where I want to be next year at this time. I do know that it didn't work out so well for my goals this past year. A combination of my closet slacker tendencies and life taking detours. I need a goal to work toward but I haven't figured that out yet. Love the new doodle beads. The colors are calling to me! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for 2014 and cheering you on from the sidelines! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goodies here. I especially like your doodle beads. As for a word of the year, I decided not to do one because at the end of the year I can't even remember what my word was. Last year I turned 50 which really didn't bother me as I felt much younger. But a few days later everything fell apart and I found myself feeling much much older and seeing lots of doctors. Take care of yourself because you only have this one body. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create this year and I know it will all be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete