Thursday, August 29, 2013

How it Went Down: Bead Fest: the Final Post

There was way too much to fit into one post.  So this is the final Bead Fest post- This one is the summary of the whole weekend.
(disclaimer- not all these pics are mine...many are ones that friends took as well)

 Genea and Ricky showed up at my house Thursday morning and I packed and we ate.
 
 
Then we left.  Justin took me and dropped me off, this is a pic Genea took following us to the show from our house.  I only live about 45 minutes from there.
 
 

When we got there and saw our names on the wall, its was a great feeling, and we were both giddy, and I think we high fived.
 
 
 We dropped our stuff off- and set up began.
 
 
It took a few hours to go from this
 
 
to this


 We ate dinner at the hotel on Thursday night and just hung out with some other beady folks (like Terri Greenawalt and Linda Younkman (did I spell it right?)- whom we finally got to meet in person).  We got to chat with people as they came in off planes (Amy Freeland) or drove in from NY (Karen and Nellie).  No pics though, we were BEAT!
 
Friday we were all business in the morning, still finishing up the last minute display stuff. 
 
 
It was a busy day, and we barely left the booth.  Ricky was an awesome helper and stood in and made sales like a pro!
 
Friday night we had a big dinner, organized by Melinda Orr, at Legal Seafood.  It was huge, so many ladies, and fun fun fun.
 




 
 
After dinner we went to Wegeman's to get some food for the next day.  It was Genea, Ricky and my first time ever!
 
 

Then back at the hotel we all hung out in Melinda's room with wine and such, until we got kicked out.  So we took it down to the lobby.  I guess we were loud or something, I don't buy it though ;)
 
 
 Saturday at the show was slower, and I got some shopping done in the morning, and more socializing then Friday.  I got to talk a lot more to customers, see what people made in their classes, and talk.  and talk, and talk.  cause I am a talker.
 
It was great to meet customers in person, and to meet people who read this blog.  It warms my heart.  Throughout the day Genea and I kept saying, "OH, I met so and so from this or that!"  LOL!  so many people to meet!
 
And Lori Anderson stopped by, and that was special to us, since we met through her Bead Soup Blog party.
 
 
It was also the day of the Bead Swap organized by Diana P.  This year, we got great little pins that said "Bead Whore'der".  How cute. 
 


 Diana P and Melinda Orr- who organized sooo much fun stuff during the show for us all
 

 
 
My swap partner was the beautiful Linda Landig.  She is another person I clicked with from the minute I met her.  We shopped together last year.  She is super sweet and fun.
 
I love this picture  of Linda taken by Cynthia M. It captures her radiant smile!
 
 


 Saturday night Melinda organized a big party at the hotel for the Creative Bead Chat / Artisan Whimsy crowd.  It was the highlight of a very busy day.  First she fed us
 
 
And then she gave us necklaces and prizes
 
 


 And then we partied...............
 



 
and partied some more
 



 

No joke, my sides hurt when I went to bed from laughing so hard with these ladies.  Love them all.
 
Sunday was a sllllllloooooooooooowwwww business day.  It was nice though, because we got to walk around and shop and trade and see each other more.  Here are some random pics...............
Diane Hawkey shopping
 

 Genea and Diana
 Lori A, Genea and me
 Suburban Girl Studios
 
 The ARt Jewlery Elements TEam- Photobombed by Genea

Nellies booth - Wooley Wire

Diane Hawkeys booth- LOVED the jewelry she had going on there

Karen T of Starry Road Studio putting out more beads, since she kept selling and selling and selling

Diana, Linda, and Genea

Marsha Neal and Chloe- overdosing on beads (isn't this the sweetest picture?)
 
I think was one of the last pictures I took on Sunday and I think it's my favorite.
 
 
After Bead Fest Genea and Ricky came back to our house to spend the night.  We had Philly Cheesesteaks and pizza!  I got the kids ready for the first day of school and put to bed, and then Genea and I played with our bead stash, and just hung out on the back porch.  That time was so special, and so short. 
 
She got up as the kids were getting ready for school in the morning.
 
Julia and Collin- Aiden's bus for middle school was pre-coffee and I didn't get a shot of him :(
 
It was sad when Genea and Ricky left to head home.  Justin and I both had a great time with them. 
 
But before I knew it the kids were rolling in from school.  Aiden had a great first day of Middle School and even made a new friend (which was my only prayer that morning).
 
 
This week has been spent catching up on things like cleaning and sleep and snuggling with my loves.
 
All that I have left now to remind me of Bead Fest is this........





 BeadFest was a success.  I cannot wait until next year, and I hope even more of you can make it out to make wonderful memories! 
 
Let me put it to you this way, to get some perspective here,  I have never seen so many women in one place with out so much as one tear or angry face.  Yeah, it was that good. 
 
Thanks to all who gave me encouragement, who shopped or just stopped by to say hi and talk beads / jewelry.  Thanks for allowing me to do what I love, and enjoy it so much.  Now, I am off to clean up that studio of mine!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing with those of us who couldn't make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice meeting you this year--and taking home some of your goodies (even though I'm not a party animal like the rest of youse guys). Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, just awesome! Congratulations on all your hard work toward this success, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an amazing recap of the weekend! now I see why you wanted my pic of Linda L :) she really is just so much fun to be around! this was my first time to bead fest, and I had such a blast meeting everyone ... and laughing, and laughing. too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now you have a tear to go with this awesome story, cause I'm crying that I didn't get to go. Thank you so much for sharing all the wonderful pics. I love seeing so many names and faces that I have gotten to know over the past couple of years. I'm going to try very, very hard to come next year, cause that definitely looks like my kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post. This sums up the Bead Fest wonderfully. So much fun, so many new friends. Hope I get to make this a repeat next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an awesome post! I stole some of your photos! I wonder if anyone got a full photo of my booth? I am so glad that everyone else was clicking the photos I would have been taking had I had the energy! We miss you already and can't wait to come back again soon! BEAD FEST 2014 OR BUST!! Love ya girl! xo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was an awesome post--I smiled all the way through it. And thank you for your kind words. The feeling is mutual! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds like you had a great weekend; selling beads, making friends, buying beads, getting kicked out of hotel rooms...! I really missed seeing everyone and all of the fabulous beads this year but am looking forward to next year! ;)

    How did you like Wegmans? It is my favorite grocery store, along with Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete