Monday, August 8, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.............

Summer is flying by, and I really don't think I have taken enough time to smell the roses.  (of course, all the flowers here are crunchy because we need some serious rain!)  But, you know what I mean.  Busy, busy, busy.  So, this week, I am taking time, to slow down, and enjoy some moments. 
For example, I eat fast.  I have three kids, and hurry so I can clean up, or help them, ect.  But tonight, we had soup, homemade, fridge leftover soup.  (and I really love me a good homemade soup!)   It was delish!  So I made sure to savor it.  Smell it, let it sit in my mouth and enjoy it!  I don't do that enough these days, not with ANYTHING!  Hurry hurry hurry! 
So, I vow to enjoy the rest of my summer, with little moments, that I can keep with me, in my mind and heart, and to be thankful for these moments.

This is a big struggle right now, because I am really behind where I need to be on things at home and in the studio.  We leave for vacation sunday (yay!) and I want to be ahead of the game.....here's a bit of what I have been up to.

Last week I had a sick littlest boy for three days, with a fever, and this week its my oldest sons turn.
Poor thing!  I am trying not to worry...hoping the rest of us are spared, so we can enjoy vacation!  He should be good in a day or two.  My littest was only sick for three days (though he missed some Bible school during that time, and was pretty upset).

I did manage to get these all laid out with bases ready, and some bezels ready.............they all need to be completed this week.  Bezeled or riveted- and ready to make into jewerly.  One of them is for my C-Koop Shadow Box Challenge on Lorelei's blog.  But I can't tell you which one.

I also got a ton of loop-ty loops done.  I love these, and just know these won't last long once I get to necklace making!


I also worked on my Love My Art Jewelry Art Spark too.  The theme this month is Happy, and I knew right away what I wanted to do, but you have to wait for that reveal until Friday!

I would like to get some earring components and bead caps made too, if I have time, BUT, most of all, I can't forget, to stop and smell the roses!  I think I will start by reading some books to the kids tomorrow.  I love reading with my kids, but its the first thing to go when I get busy.
I scored a bunch of these books on ebay. I LOVED these as a child.  I read all the time, and these were my favorites.  They are imaginative, heart felt, and all have a great moral to them, mostly about being happy with who you are, accepting others, and things of the like.  Some are just magical, and dreamy and sweet!  You should truly check them out if you have little ones.


  Then, later this week, a hike may be in order.  Get in the woods and enjoy!

I TOLD you it was a little of this and a little of that!

So, have you been taking time to smell the roses?  What is your favorite way to slow down and enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment