Friday, August 26, 2011

Boho Balance~ My Artisan Clay Design Team Piece

Wow!  These months seem to fly by.  Its that time again, to reveal what I made with my Artisan Clay component of the month.  I forgot to take a picture of it before I made it into something, but here is a similar component Kristie has for sale on etsy.  (click on the photo to check it out on etsy)
Except mine was a single connector on top- thinner crescent with no loop for a dangle, and mine was greenish colored.  (see below)

So I thought I'd try to do something asymmetrical with it.  But the design kept getting crazy and elaborate, and it really just cried to be symmetrical.  So, symmetrical it is.
Here it is folks..........I hope you like it!
Its for sale here on etsy

I used a cool patina piece of copper to make a bail for a dangle, found stones to match it, and then linked some chain with matching stones. 

I can't wait to see what everyone else made! 

Happy hopping~~~~ click here to go to Artisan Clay's blog and see what everyone else made.

11 comments:

  1. Very lovely Staci! I think the symmetrical design is perfect for the focal. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!!! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Staci. You and I had the same piece and made 2 totally different necklaces. I love how you used the copper to add a dangle, genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The copper is really cool, at first I thought it was a piece of sari silk. Love the colors you used to accent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! My design kept getting crazy and elaborate, too...that's what's taking me so long! Love your finished result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool piece. Adding that copper strip as a bail totally ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. pressed the wrong key. Do - over. That is a wonderful piece- I love the patina on the copper and how it contrasts with the ceramic pendant. Wow, amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a "feel" for what will work beautifully with Kristie's pieces, Staci! Another winner here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Staci. I love the whole thing even the symmetry, especially the symmetry I think. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Copper has a beautiful color which helps it become superior to many other textures chosen by artists...I like the superb blend of colors in this piece.

    ReplyDelete