Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the Old, in with the New~~~Year!

It’s that time of year again, it’s the beginning, a new start. Time to make resolutions, time to make changes and goals for the upcoming year. I have never been much of a planner, so resolutions were never part of my new year celebration. However, this year I feel a new wind blowing. The kids are older and my husband and I are getting out a little more often. We are doing more fun things as a family, and it has also allowed me more time for jewelry making.


If you know me, you know family comes first, business second. So, it’s been only a hobby for years. This is the first year I am declaring it a business and I really need to make some moves to make it more successful. If you know me, you also know I have trouble selling myself, I torture myself with making decisions, and doubt and fear outcomes. So this year, my resolution is to go forward with no fear in my heart. No worries. No doubt. Just do it.

I began by treating myself to a new studio, which was long overdue. I have shared a corner of the family room with the kids for years, and we had a general arts and crafts room that held my sewing things and the kid’s arts and crafts. So I essentially shared two spaces with the kids. I normally would shy away from doing something like swapping spaces~ which is a big task, thinking I won’t use it as much as I think, or what if I do all that work and don’t like it, ect ect ect……

 Old Corner Studio in the family room


But I have been longing to have things that inspire me around as I create. I needed to have a space that reflected my style, all around, as I create. So I did it. And I love it. I just jumped right in, treated myself to a studio and I couldn’t be more happy.





New Studio~ I can't believe all this fit in the corner of the family room!



So with this New Year, I hope for there to be many more things I jump into, and find myself happy I did. No more fear. Only adventure.

“Do one thing every day that scares you.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy New Year~ I wish you adventure and love!

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog! and plan to visit again. Congrats on the business and new office space!!

    ReplyDelete