Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My First Post

Well- I have joined the ranks of bloggers. I love to read blogs and decided to create one about my passion, jewelry, mostly, sea glass jewelry.
How did I get into sea glass jewelry????
Well, I have been making jewelry since I was a teen, but just got serious about it 7 years ago. About 2 years ago, I was wearing a wire wrapped gemstone necklace at the shore (LBI NJ), when a shop owner asked me if I could make it with sea glass. "Seaglass? Sure, I'm always up for a challenge" I said. Anyway, she gave me two of the most beautiful pieces of sea glass I had ever seen. If you love sea glass, you will understand, I was hooked! From there it is history. I got books, and read about sea glass online. I found out that there is a whole world of people who collect it and love to talk about it too. Keep checking back for information about sea glass from around the world, jewelry styles and great finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment