Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day of the Dead Blog Hop

Love my Art Jewelry is having a Dia de los Muertos blog hop!  Sugar Skulls everywhere!!!!!

Now, if you follow me at all, you know I love the beauty of a sugar skull.  

Recently I have been doing some lino-cut prints, and even had to do a sugar skull for that!



Anyhow, I had also made sugar skull beads in polymer and in bronze clay.  So I wasn't sure which I wanted to do for this blog hop.  I had originally thought about taking my bronze one and setting it into silver with silver work, maybe even some gemstones bezeled around it.....................but it had a mind of it's own, and I have really been into wire chokers with charms lately, so that is what was born.



Once I decided to use one of my bronze sugar skulls, and do a charm style necklace I got to work


I created the base for the necklace first.

Then I started to pick out my beads



Ginger of the Blue Bottle Tree had sent me some of her beads to design with awhile back.  She used her Rustic Beads Tutorial to create these flowery fun beads.  They turned out to be the perfect accent for this piece!  After all, a sugar skull needs some flowers near it or on it! I LOVE the old paint look, and they are so well made (of course!). The only problem was that I could not fit as many as I wanted to use in my piece.  So I think I will have to visit them again soon.

Anyhow, just as things always go, I had to change out some of my original components due to how the piece lays while worn, and for compositional issues.  

I am very happy with how it turned out.



I even made matching earrings!!!!


If you want to see what everyone else made, hop over to Love my Art Jewelry and check out the links posted.  I am sure there will be lots of great creative eye candy and inspiration this morning!



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this piece, Staci!! The flow is perfect, and the textures and colors - everything is just perfect. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the tote bag lino print though! Could spot your jewelry anywhere. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scalloped edge choker Staci! Everything came together perfectly. Love the earrings as well!

    ReplyDelete