Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Elusive Blog Post

I feel like I never get to blog on here, my personal blog.  I blog at Love my Art Jewelry regularly.  I Facebook all the time.  I even have an Instagram (it's brand spankin new and I am still learning how to use it).  But I never seem to blog anymore.

If you would like to follow me on Instagram, I am under stacilouiseo


Well, I am taking some time today to blog.  It's that time of year, when I start to hunker down in the studio and work on odds and ends.  Right now, its mostly been a class that will be on CraftArtEDU.  I am really excited about it, so stay tuned.  It's on my Gold Crackle Technique




I have also been working on more of the crackle beads to sell.  I am hoping to have a big shop update / sale in the near future.  I also have some items that have come home from a gallery to list.  I will post on Facebook when that will be.  I even have a few of my elephant ornaments to list!!!!


Also, we are going to have a blog hop at Love my Art Jewelry.  It's going to be a fun one.  We are honoring David Bowie, by asking that you create a piece of jewelry, inspired by either him, a photo of him, a lyric or an entire song.  Whatever you chose, blog about it, and on March 10th, you can add your blog link to our site.  Hop to all the blogs and see what everyone came up with!


You can read about the hop here

I hope that a bunch of you will join in.  I think its a great opportunity to really make some fun wild jewelry!

I feel like I have a ton of cleaning and organizing to do yet.  Every time I make some progress in the studio, it gets all piled up again.  It's endless.  

Coming this spring, I will be teaching two classes at Bead Fest.  They are really fun classes and packed with techniques.

The show is in Oaks PA near Philly.  For more info. on Beadfest click here

http://www.beadfest.com/

 

On Sunday April 10th I will be teaching a 3 hour class on how to make these fun wire work charm necklaces using a heavier gauge wire.

8:30 - 11:30am


We use long pieces of wire, and learn to create the entire choker, as well as add the charms.  You get a mix of charms and gemstones to chose from in each kit!

Also on Sunday the 10th I will be teaching a Carving Polymer Class.  The class is 3 hours and runs from 1 - 4pm

You will learn to form, color and carve your beads, as well as finish them into a simple necklaces to show them off!


If you do polymer clay, this technique is really really fun to learn!  I promise, you will learn to love it.  For me, its very Zen and relaxing.  Even my mom tried it and said the same thing.  Not to mention, there are a endless ways you can use this in your polymer work!

To sign up for these classes click here

https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/145551/StaciSmith


I think that's it for now!  Check my facebook page to see what is new and to look for the upcoming sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment