Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Some Exciting New Adventures

Well, some pretty exciting "firsts" are happening this year. 

First I found out a while back that one of my jewelry pieces was picked to be in the gallery section of this book.


http://www.kalmbachstore.com/67040.html

I just got my copy today.  I sent in picture of 4 different sea glass designs, this is the one they featured in the gallery section.


I also have the privilege of gracing the cover of Bead Design Studio this month.  They do a beautiful job on the magazine with top notch photography.  It is beautiful, and I am honored.
(it is actually my second cover, but the first one I had all to myself)


http://beaddesignstudiomag.com/issues/current.shtml

I wasn't sure when the magazine was coming out, but I got my necklace back early (and its one of my favorites)...I happend to be wearing it as my son and I ran to the store for rolls, and guess what was on the self? I was pretty unhappy to be caught off guard (bad hair day) but had to get the picture since I was actually wearing the necklace!

Finally- I am going to be teaching a class at Bead Fest Philly this year.  

In my class you will learn to make organic polymer focals and beads, learn to paint them with a faux ceramic / aged crackle effect, and then make this finished piece using the beads you made and materials supplied.


You can sign up online here https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/79000.  Just look for the Painted Polymer Fossil Talisman class.  It will be a fun time, and a good chance to learn some new techniques with your fellow artisans.

So that is everything.  I am still catching up from the Bead Show, and post show sale.  Though I hope to be blogging more regularly now.

Also, remember to check out Love my Art Jewelry.  We have a great Boot Camp going on about Asymmetry in your work....tips, encouragement and inspiration!  If I am not blogging here, then I am usually blogging over there!  

Now bring on Spring, and everything will be wonderful !

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Staci, you are the bomb... you know that?

    Whatever... there is no such thing as a bad hair day for you, come on! Are you serious??

    Thank you for your constant SMILE and congenial attitude that you consistently share with others. Privileged to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww- thanks Bevy! (I honestly don't think I have many bad hair days, cause lets face it, my style is kinda crazy...so I can work with a lot of "off" hair...but it was SSOOOO blah, and not parted right...lol)

      Delete
  2. Staci I would love to take your class I really have to get to Bead Fest! What an exciting time for you, enjoy the spotlight, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new law requires background checks of unpaid volunteers who are soldes salomon chaussure “responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children.” The law defines direct contact as the “care, supervision, guidance or control of children or routine interaction with children.” Salomon Speedcross 3 Pas Cher The state will be providing guidance on the law. Stephen Fisher, director of school services for the state Department of Education, said it will be necessary to distinguish between school visitors and school volunteers. chaussure salomon pas cher Solicitors in districts throughout the commonwealth might have different interpretations of the law.

    ReplyDelete